I don’t take the distagon c 40mm f/4 out very often. It’s a really nice wide angle lens but it’s bulky and heavy. The lens is sharp and looking through the waistlevel finder is amazing. The lens still has a small enough depth of field at f/5.6 to work with (compared to the 24mm equivalent for 35mm film). Another very nice feature is the close focus of 45cm: the lens gets close and is wide which is a very special way approaching photographic objects.
The images below were taken during a car show using Rollei Retro 400s developed in Rodinal (1:50, 20C, 22min, reduced agitation: 2x every two minutes).
- taking the hasselblad to a concert
- How I feel about macro lenses – Yashica ML Macro 55mm 1:4
- A day at Sun Moon Lake 日月潭
- praktica history – chapter one – the praktica kw
- India – the places – top ten